Hello Swapaholics! Its finally time to get swapping and we are so excited about it! During the retreat we will all be wearing handmade name tags. I have worked up a little tutorial for everyone to follow so that they are all the same shape and size. Please have fun with these and add as much creativity as you want to your partners tag! This is just a blank slate to start you off! I can't wait to see what you all create! Be sure to post sneak peeks to #swapaholicsretreat on IG!
Front and Back: 2 - 5 1/2"x 5 1/2"
Binding: 1 - 1 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Loop: 1 - 1 x 4"
Lanyard: 1 - 36" x 2 1/2"
Vinyl: 3 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Interfacing: 2 - 5 1/2" x 5 1/2"
1 Lobster Clasp
Step One: Gather and cut materials.
Step Two: Iron.
1. Interfacing to front and back of tag
2. Each rectangle (binding, loop and lanyard) so that sides meet at the center and then in half.
Step Three: Slide lobster clasp on to unsewn lanyard, then sew the ends right sides together. Make sure lobster clasp is already on the loop!
Step Four: Iron the lanyard closed. Slide lobster clasp around, making sure to iron entire loop.
Step Five: Sew.
1. Lanyard on either side - again, sliding the lobster clasp as you sew. Then sew a X to hold the lobster clasp in place.
2. Sew the loop on either side, just like you did for the lanyard.
3. Attach binding to one long side of the vinyl piece.
Step Six: Sandwich your pieces.
1. Attach loop on the front center of tag and sew in place.
2. Lay the vinyl piece with binding on bottom of front piece and place the back piece on top, right sides facing.
**I highly suggest pinning or clipping the pieces together because the vinyl is slippery when sewing!
Step Seven: Stitch all the way around leaving a small hole for turning. Snip corners.
Step Eight: Flip right side out, making sure to push the corners out with a pencil.
Step Nine: Stitch all the way around to close up the hole and give it a finished look.
**I suggest sewing around the edges with the back facing up because the vinyl doesn't slide through easily when facing up.
You do not need to add your partner's name to the tag, we will provide that insert upon check in. Simply bring your name tag holder with you when arrive at the retreat. Ship date is August 1st.
The Swapaholics Team